Friday, May 23, 2014

Worth posting

If you happens to be one of the lucky ones that receives my stores Happening then you will have already seen this, but I thought it was Blog worthy as well.

My Mom …was the best!

   
I more than adored my mom from the first day I laid eyes on her J As busy as she was , she was ALWAYS there for me. When I wanted a quarter to go to Clarks  penny candy guy, when I wanted the new Partridge family album, when I wanted my hair curled with my Crazy Curls before school, when I wanted to get white patent leather go-go boots like Nancy Sinatra or when I just wanted her attention with a hug and a kiss. I guess I always wanted something, and I still do.  My mom has been gone from me for over half my life but her spirit lives inside me every day.
My mom worked 12 hour days 6 days a week running the bakery, but she always had time for me and rarely said no.  If she felt she wanted to say no she would send me to ask my dad.  He would ask what did mom say and my response was she said yes! Clever! Although she was busy she usually would work on some kind of needle work in the evening.  I would watch her in awe and would often ask if I could do it too.  In 1968 I was 8 years, when my mom got a kit for me to make, the lion crewel work (below).  I have it hanging in the office at home. It reminds me of a time long ago when my mom would sit with me and teach me how to do many of the handcrafts I do today.  Thanks mom for instilling in me the love of handcrafted items, love for baking, for finer things in life and to appreciate them, for caring for people in a genuine manner, and to laugh whole heatedly when something is funny.  I love you mom.  My new tattoo is in honor of you. Faith, Hope & Charity.

  
 
My dad was a good guy too I'll share more with you on Father's Day.

Have a relaxing Memorial Day this weekend and take time to give thanks to those who make our lifestyles in America valuable.

Ciao for Now!

No comments: