Thursday, May 22, 2014

Poop can be pretty!

This is "Lizzi" and you will be seeing much of her

Dog poopie bag dispenser
I have used, for the most part plastic bags from the grocery stores.  A friend of mine told me that these were going to be eliminated and everyone was going to paper again?  I don't know, I don't see it going away any time too soon. Regardless, I purchased rolls of poopie bags for my little darlings contributions.  Susan, a friend of mine that works here at knit happens with me had the idea to knit up these little bag dispensers she found on Ravelry for the holidays. The pattern is by Kathy Glaes and here it is:

Materials: Small amount of fingering weight yarn, DPN's or whatever method you like to work in the round.
Gauge: doesn't matter in this case.

Directions:
Cast on 48 sts and divide the sts per your method of knitting in the round.  Join in the round, careful not to have a twist. 
Knit 1.5" (which will roll slightly)
next round: [K4, K2tog, YO] 8x's
next round cont. knitting for 2.5"
next round [K6, K2tog,] 6x's
knit a round
next round [K5, K2tog,] 6x's
knit a round
next round [k4, K2tog] 6x's
knit a round
next round [K3, K2tog] 6x's
knit a round
next round [K2, K2tog] 6x's
knit a round
next round [K1, K2tog] 6x's, 12 sts on the needle
K1, P1 ribbing for 4 rounds, Bind Off loosley

Using (2) DPN's knit a 3 st I-Cord for 18".  Thread the I-Cord through the eyelets from the YO's and knot the two ends together.  Insert the roll of poopie bags and go enjoy a fashionable walk.  We should be glamorous walking the dog! 


FYI, don't start correcting my grammar!  I write in a stream of conscientiousness, if it bothers you, dont read it!  With all due respect mind you.

Ciao for now, Connie

No comments: