Friday, September 12, 2014

my curiosity

Last night I attended my first class for Citizen Police Academy in a northwest suburb of Chicago.  You know, I am not into Police or.investigative programs on television, but my best friends husband is a commander in another suburb and i thought perhaps that these classes would enlighten me as to what it take to be a police officer.  Another friend of mine said "Don't you have enough to do, you are always up to something?"  Well why shouldn't I expose myself to something new, and as it turns out more than interesting. 
Last night was just an introduction, history of the suburb and department, officer hierarchy and qualifications and then a tour.  I was so intrigued with this tour and the back end of the process.  "Bag and Tag" Evidence, roll call, operations, "The Cells!" OMG! Since I have never experienced this, it was weird and slightly smelly.  All the precautions so that individuals do not hang themselves!  There were no guests, so we could go in and see the accommodations.
We were walking thru the station and passing one of the rooms for questioning and I got a huge whiff of alcohol. I asked immediately "Why do I smell alcohol so strongly?"
the sergeant with us said look up the light is on, we have someone in there.  Wow this person must have gone on some bender, it reeked! Anyway...
As if running my business,  knit happens, and being president of my condo association isnt enough to keep me busy, I am a recruit in my local Citizen Police Academy.
I wouldn't have it any other way, it's all good!!
Ciao for Now
Connie

No comments: