Thursday, September 11, 2014

it's sweater time

Wow! Went for a walk this morning and it was only in the 50's in the Chicago area.  A week ago today it was in the 90's. Fall is knocking on the front door and asking to be let in!!
This kind of day was one of my favorites when I was in grammer school and high school when I could wear a new outfit that including a new sweater, most likely from the Limited or Chas. A, Stevens  I couldn't wait.  Of course it was a store bought sweater.  At that time I wouldn't be caught dead wearing something my mom would have knit or crocheted.  She would have used some awful yarn and some dumb design, keep in mind this would have been in the 70's, need I say more?
Things sure have changed.  Yarns are do deliciously special now and the variety of fiber can be overwhelming.  There is so much I want to dive into and share with everyone, but I can only do so much.  Too bad my mom is not around, I would put her to work making samples.  And you know what?  She would have done it happily!
Well, I can not wait until the next issue of knit wear comes in.  There are always great sweater designs in the mag. and I find that they are "doable" and not too cra cra :)
Another box of new yarn just came in the door, so I have some inventory to work on.

Ciao for now and stay warm
Connie

No comments: