Tuesday, July 1, 2014

knit for life and keep yourself sharp and sane


In the Early Fall 2014 VOGUEknitting issue there is an article by Leslie Petrovsky,  that many of you may find interesting.  It substantiates what I have mentioned in the past, and that I find in my own personal life, is that knitting does the mind good!  I myself have been hospitalized for anxiety, in the form of "I think I'm having a heart attack"  Knitting has absolutely brought me to a calmer place.  Anyway...In a publication of the Occupational Therapy International "purposeful and meaningful activites" such as music, drawing, meditation, reading, arts, crafts and home repairs  could ward off stress related diseases and reduce dementia risks.
Take a look at this 2 page report,  It's worth getting the magazine to read this if not for the beautiful patterns.
Ciao for now

No comments: